Tech & Research

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tech & Research

Post  Quarantine on Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:52 pm

Right now, I'm not sure how to tech well - I'm barely getting 1 point a turn when I'm generating cash.

Any tips or pointers on how to do this right?

Quarantine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Tech & Research

Post  Loridian on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:04 pm

hmm... well how much are you investing in tech? and what government type are you? that would help us help you. 1 per turn isn't too bad this early though. As for where to spend it, i recomend teching defensive spies, and one unit type, ships is good. On the general side i would tech the things that your government type is minus in

Loridian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lost Bliss on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:12 pm

yes i agree..put your budget at 10 R&D and then 75 military prod..that way you get the benfits of military and a few tps on the side..i look at teching up def spy and ships an troop power and health...also on general tech...unit prod and tp produciton..that will give you more tps and units to increase power fater..also your def and off force

Lost Bliss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Shardley on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:33 am

If you only get 1 per turn I would also suggest you only have 1 or 2 labs. Build more.

I then tech up my income, housing and food techs so i can improve my income and overall capabilities, closely followed by my main units and gen offense and defense. The reason for teching housing is that i dont need to build more houses to increase population and can hence build labs to lower TP cost.

Shardley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loridian on Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:42 am

yeah, housing is a good one to tech up, the more ppl you have the more of of everything you can make

Loridian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spem Land on Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:42 am

Labs add a bonus in multiples of 15. Every 15 labs you have gives you a 1% reduction of the base cost of one TP - which is about 400-450K???. So 150 labs gives you a 10% reduction = 90%, while 300 labs gives you a 20% reduction. Note that this means that 14 labs are as useless as 0. So you should always ensure when you build labs the result is that you have a multiple of 15 labs. The maximum reduction you can have from labs is 50% = 750 labs. The other factor that contributes to TP cost is your research tech level and your government modifier. You can't change your government modifier without changing your government. Some governments e.g. monarchy, communism, give negative bonuses, while others notably technocracy, democracy give positive bonuses. Teching your research makes TP cheaper in a similar manner to labs. You can view your cumulative cost as a percentage of the base cost for on your general tech page.

Spem Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top