I hate to say it but......

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I hate to say it but......

Post  Loridian on Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:37 pm

It might be time to start weeding out the dead weight. There are some countries that are just a drain on the alliance, and don't seem to be making any contributions. I'm not saying that if you are bellow a certain lvl that you should be booted, but some of you (actually i don't think most of the ppl who are a problem ever visit this site) are constantly making the same mistakes. The same ppl are attacking till they are out of turns, logging out with army readyness at 50% and no ambush set. And then they can't understand why when ppl start to attack them back, they can't win. So you explain it too them, and you check the next day, and their readyness is at 50% again WTF! Other ppl are attacking too much, and then begging for aid in alliance chat. I don't mind sending aid out, but if it's just so you can spend all of your time getting tps and cash, instead of rebuilding your army screw you. I mean it's one thing if you where MASHed like crazy, and your army is a shambles, and you need help. But when i see a request for aid, and i look at your country, and you have 4 successful attacks in the last 5 minute, go fuck yourself. Players like this, no matter what their power lvl, are a drain on the alliance, and as much as i would hate to do it, i think we need to seriously consider getting rid of some of them

Loridian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I hate to say it but......

Post  Spem Land on Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:13 pm

I probably wouldn't have said it quite as poignantly, so its probably better that you [Loridian] have said it rather than I. That said, I think you hit the nail on the head in your third line - "actually i don't think most of the ppl who are a problem ever visit this site". We need to improve our overall standard of play across the board, and that means that everyone needs to understand some basic things.

1) There is only one way to do any meaningful damage to someone. ONE single way. And that is by taking his land. Now there is a relationship between turns and land. 1 turn = 2.5 land. That's roughly how much land you'll get for exploring at this stage. So if you attack someone (5 turns + 20 to rebuild readiness + 8 for ambush) and get less than 85 land you have done more damage to yourself than to him, since you could have generated and got more land and not lost any units. I happen to think pointless attacking is the most heinous crime in the game. If you do it repeatedly, I hate you. Passionately. Cause it means you are the very worst sort of player.

2) Attacking so you can lose is worse than criminal - it's just stupid. You might as well spend your turns generating funds. Or investing 1 dollar at a time into your War Generals. If the person you are attacking is stronger (more powerful) than you, and you don't have any intel on them to sugget that you can win then you shouldn't be attacking that target. Note: if your intel consists of those 10 guys over there attacked 3 times each and won so he can't have any army then you need to look at point 1 above. People who have been attacked repeatedly don't lose any land. And if you are not winning land then its rather pointless to be attacking.

3) Considering that land is so important and loss of land is the only way to hurt someone, it should follow that you would want to prevent other countries from taking your land. So you need to have an army first off. Secondly, that army should have high, i.e. 100% readiness. It should also be balanced ideally. And you should have your ambush set. As someone who gets intel on targets before attacking always, I can tell you that a country with an ambush will not be attacked by me. A country without an ambush on the other hand is a prime target. So stop making targets out of yourselves by not having your ambush set.

Spem Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loridian on Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:34 pm

yup, all good points, remember that you can expolre land while regaining readiness though Very Happy Besides the "dead weight" i think we aren't doing a very good job of working together this round, i see a lot less spy info being posted, no organized attacks, etc. Just because we don't want to hit the same country 500 times in one day, doesn't mean we can't work together more. I do miss a lot of stuff while i'm at work, so if i'm way off base let me know, but we can and should always be trying to improve both our countries, and the alliance

Loridian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spem Land on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:07 am

Loridian wrote:yup, all good points, remember that you can expolre land while regaining readiness though Very Happy Besides the "dead weight" i think we aren't doing a very good job of working together this round, i see a lot less spy info being posted, no organized attacks, etc. Just because we don't want to hit the same country 500 times in one day, doesn't mean we can't work together more. I do miss a lot of stuff while i'm at work, so if i'm way off base let me know, but we can and should always be trying to improve both our countries, and the alliance

Umm, I agree with what you are saying with the exception of the spy info part. I think we have more spy info than ever before being posted on our forum. Maybe I should move that section up a bit, but myself, taiwan, lost bliss, wynland and a couple others have posted quite a bit. Of course it would help if more people would post spy info tho'. I've been meaning to remove old spy info from the forum and maybe I will.

Spem Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loridian on Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:39 am

Woot!!! rickster is gone! Honestly i think he was playing us. I think he is a double account, or at least a more seasoned player then he let on. But in his defence maybe he really is a moron lol. Nice to see he is still getting his ass kicked, not nice to see that as soon as he left the alliance he went right after one of our other weak players

Loridian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spem Land on Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:01 am

Shh!! Don't be so obviously happy. Hide your emotion a bit. You might hurt his feelings. BTW, was he on the forum? Because if so I should delete his account so he can't see what we are planning/thinking.

Spem Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Loridian on Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:38 am

I want to ask everyone to help keep an eye on the other members of the alliance. Chec k to see if they are leaving there readiness at 50%. If they are asking for aid, fully investigate how they are set up, and what they have been spending their turns on. Some of the ppl that are making mistakes, just need to be learn how to play more effectivley, others won't learn the lessons and might need to be removed. We just kicked out a few members that probably would have been gone long ago if we had been paying attention. This morning we lost one more that was probably a spy. And i'm sure that there are more of both types floating around out there. I will try to pay more attention myself, but with Dec not being around as much trying to get used to the new job, we need everyone helping with this. Who knows, maybe we can help some of these countries get out of the basement and get the entire alliance into the top 200. Wouldn't that be sweet!

Loridian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Spem Land on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:54 am

Maybe we can get a list of volunteers here, and then divide the work. I'd be willing to help obviously. Do we need a new thread for this?

Spem Land

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  thisplace on Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:34 pm

I'd be willing to help with this. I agree 100% with Loridian I see a lot of players asking for aid when they can obviously help themselves out of whatever hole they're in. I think some of the players that are lower ranked are perhaps overlooking the obvious. I know when I started a couple of rounds ago Dec pointed out some really simple things for me to adjust and it increased my rank tremendously.

thisplace

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top